2 tbs oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1 star aniseed
1 bay leaf
1 tbs ginger garlic paste
250g soya chicken strips
3 tbs tomatoes grated/ tomato paste
2 tbs Papa’s Kashmiri House blend hot
1 tsp Papa’s Garam Masala
1 tsp Papa’s Dhania powder
1 tsp Papa’s Jeera powder
salt to taste
1 cup water
2 potatoes cut into cubes
- Using a flat pot, pour your oil and heat.
- Add star seed, bay leaf and cinnamon stick to flavor the oil.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic and the Papas Kashmiri Mix house blend hot, Garam masala, Dhania and Jeera powder. Add a little water, mix well and allow spices to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Soya chicken and mix well with the spices. Allow to fry for a few minutes.
- Pour in water and add tomato paste and potatoes.
- Cover and allow to cook on high heat for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Serve with roti or rice and Papas Pickles